Shasta Land Trust is excited to announce that we have been selected as a Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) Host Site for 2014-2015. Since 2009, SLT has enjoyed working with AmeriCorps members through the SNAP program. Our AmeriCorps members have become like family to us and serve as key conservation staff for our organization.
Do you love the Sierra? Want to help restore and protect the Range of Light while gaining valuable environmental professional experience?
Apply today to become a Member of the 2014 - 2015 Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) and serve with the Shasta Land Trust.
Shasta Land Trust and SNAP are seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people to commit to a 11 months of service and protecting Sierra natural resources and working to create sustainable communities. During the year, SNAP members serving at Shasta Land Trust will gain skills and technical training, mentor with outstanding environmental leaders and receive an education award at the successful completion of service.
Deadline for applying is August 1st. Interviews will begin in mid-August.
Responsibilities & Projects:
Members will serve full-time, from November 1, 2014 – September 30, 2015. Projects & responsibilities will vary depending on service positions but, will be based on watershed restoration and assessment, watershed education and outreach, and volunteer recruitment and management. For more detailed service descriptions, please visit http://sierranevadaalliance.com/programs/sierra-nevada-americorps-partnership/join/.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are highly recommended).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
- Must not have a criminal history that precludes the applicant's ability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monthly stipend of $1,254 per month
- Standard health insurance
- Up to 340 hours of technical, ecological and skills-development training throughout the year.
- AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,550 will be granted upon completion of the program for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses.
How to Apply:
- Download the SNAP Member Application Packet with detailed application instructions here:http://sierranevadaalliance.com/programs/sierra-nevada-americorps-partnership/join
- Fill out the online SNAP Member application here.
- Email your resume and a 1-page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to title your email subject, "SNAP Application 2014-2015".
Deadline to Apply: August 1, 2014!