We're hiring an AmeriCorps Community Program Associate for 2015-2016! Click here for the job description and service plan.
For more information on AmeriCorps, please check out the details below from our friends at the Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership.
Do you love the Sierra? Want to help restore and protect the Range of Light? Do you want to gain valuable environmental professional experience?
Apply to become one of the 28 Members of the 2015-2016 Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP)!
SNAP is celebrating the 10th year of our program in 2015 - 2016!
We are seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people to commit to a year of service to protect Sierra natural resources and sustainable communities. During the year, SNAP members will gain skills and technical training, mentor with outstanding environmental leaders and receive an education award at the successful completion of service.
Deadline for applying is July 25, 2015. Interviews will begin in early August.
Since 2007, more than 150 SNAP Members have served at 32 Sierra conservation organizations and agencies to restore more than 12,000 acres of habitat, monitor more than 1,000 ecological sites, educate more than 145,000 people and recruit more than 22,000 community volunteers to serve their local Sierra watersheds.
Responsibilities & Projects:
Members will serve full-time, from October 15, 2015 – September 15, 2016. Projects & responsibilities will vary depending on service positions but, will be based on watershed restoration and assessment, watershed education and outreach, and volunteer recruitment and management. For more detailed service descriptions, including Position Descriptions and Service Plans, please click here.
Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are highly recommended).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
- Must not have a criminal history that precludes the applicant’s ability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
- Must not have been released for cause from a previous AmeriCorps term of service.
- Must have not served more than 3 previous AmeriCorps terms of service.
Compensation and Benefits:
Monthly stipend of $1,254 per month
- Standard health insurance
- Up to 340 hours of technical, ecological and skills-development training throughout the year.
- AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,550 will be granted upon completion of the program for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses.
How to Apply:
1. Check out the 2015-16 SNAP Position Descriptions and Service Plans by clicking here.
2. Fill out the online SNAP Member application by clicking here. (You can download a sample of the SNAP application here for reference, but you must fill it out via theonline application.)
3. Email your resume and a 1 page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to title your email subject: “SNAP Application 2015 – 2016”.
Deadline to Apply: July 25, 2015!
The Sierra Nevada Alliance and the Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership conform to all laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to the SNAP Program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information please contact:
Lynn Baumgartner, Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Program Director: 530-542-4546 x 705or email@example.com or click here to visit the Join SNAP page.
Applications are due July 25, 2015!
AmeriCorps is a network of local, state, and national service programs that connect more than 70,000 Americans each year in intensive service to meet our country’s critical needs in education, public safety, health, and the environment. AmeriCorps members serve with more than 2,000 nonprofits, public agencies, and faith-based and community organizations.