Since 1998, we have led the efforts in the north state to permanently protect nearly 24,000 acres of working ranches and agricultural lands, wildlife habitats and migration corridors, and scenic and recreational landscapes.
Shasta Land Trust conserves the beauty, character, and diversity of significant lands in far northern California.
What We Do
- Permanently protect land with natural, recreational, scenic, agricultural, historic, or productive value
- Collaborate with landowners, agencies, and other non-profits to achieve shared conservation goals
- Work locally to protect working lands, natural resources, and special places important to our community
- Offer opportunities for the public to experience the natural landscapes that surround us
- Convert rail lines to area trail systems for hiking, biking, and horseback riding
- Restore our local natural resources through creek cleanups and other stewardship activities
- Educate the next generation about the natural world and the importance of acting locally
- Inspire local conservation initiatives and lead events that connect people to the places that make our area unique
- Uphold the public's trust. As an accredited land trust, we ensure that the properties we protect stay protected...forever