Communications & Engagement COordinator
Position: Communications & Engagement Coordinator
Supervisor: Executive Director
Classification: Part-time, 18-20 hours per week
Location: Redding, CA
Deadline: July 31, 2016
* Click here to download a copy of the job description
Are you an energetic person who enjoys social media and working with people? Shasta Land Trust is a successful, growing organization seeking an enthusiastic Communications & Engagement Coordinator to join our team to help inform people about the work we do, the reasons to give, and open doors for further conversation. As a local land conservation organization, we’ve protected nearly 24,000 acres of working agricultural ranches, blue oak woodlands, fly fishing habitat, and recreational open space in the North State since 1998.
Summary of Position:
The Communications & Engagement Coordinator will assist in the development of the communications, materials, events, and programs to cultivate and engage supporters and volunteers to powerfully contribute to our efforts to conserve the beauty, character, and diversity of significant lands in far northern California. The Shasta Land Trust (SLT) benefits from the contributions of enthusiastic and talented people across the North State. The Communications & Engagement Coordinator will assist in developing the relationships and programs for supporters and volunteers that are essential to maintaining a sustainable organization.
The Communications & Engagement Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and does not supervise other staff. However, he/she may manage supporters and volunteers.
BRANDED MARKETING MATERIALS AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Design and share materials and communications that present our mission and the work of our organization in a way that inspires people to contribute and give in all the many ways that are essential to our mission: cash donations; volunteer time and energy; in-kind donations; grants and planned giving.
- Write and edit articles to promote SLT’s events and projects, including contributing to the monthly eNews and website content.
- Keep social media current and relevant as many times per day/week as needed and appropriate.
- Coordinate and implement SLT’s events, including the annual Wildways Kickoff and Wildways series of events, as well as special events planned throughout the year.
- Coordinate event logistics, including committee meetings, registration and participant tracking, materials support, and program evaluations.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Recruit, manage, and train volunteers for SLT events and programs.
- In-person engagement of supporters and volunteers.
- Represent SLT at public events.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Curiosity for the natural world and commitment to SLT mission and values.
- Creative individual willing to contribute ideas to the organization.
- Enthusiastic, inspiring personality who enjoys working with people. Willingness to collaborate as a team with a wide variety of audiences, including staff, board, and volunteers.
- Proficient writing and editing skills with the ability to clearly convey information to the general public.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, adapt to change and interruptions, work independently and self-manage, and to prioritize effectively for maximum efficiency.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel. Database management, social media, and email blast experience preferred.
- Background in marketing, event planning, and communications preferred.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, per SLT events schedule.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.
Please send a detailed resume and cover letter explaining how you personally connect with SLT’s mission and why this position is a good fit with your career objectives.
Via Mail: Anne Murphy, Executive Director
Shasta Land Trust
PO Box 992026
Redding, CA 96099-2026
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiries about the position can be directed to Anne Murphy by email at email@example.com or call (530) 241-7886.